Saturday, February 9, 2013

Rand Paul is More and More Troubled by Hagel Every Day

From Senator Rand Paul's interview on the Hugh Hewitt show:

HH: Let me bring up one piece of information that Ben Shapiro at Breitbart put out today, which is one of the foreign funders behind Senator Hagel that he has not yet disclosed formally is something called Friends Of Hamas. If that is in fact true, Senator, would that lead you to vote against Mr. Hagel?

RP: You know, I saw that information today, also, and that is more and more concerning. With each day, there are new things coming out. So part of me wonders if the nomination continues to go on, and we'll see how that goes. There are also either some organizations or corporations he's been involved with that people, Ted Cruz in particular, has been asking are there any foreign contributors. And I think that is important. If you're going to be in that high level a position in our government, we need to know if you have foreign sponsors, or have had foreign contributors. And I think that is pretty important, because people, that's something that needs to be known.

...

HH: Let me conclude by going one more time back to Secretary Hagel. Is it fair for me to conclude, tell the audience after you're gone, that Chuck Hagel, in Rand Paul's view, has to answer the question about whether or not he took money from Friends Of Hamas?

RP: Yes, that he has to, and I am going to wait and see what his answer is to that, and I've tried to keep an open mind on this. But I become more and more troubled with each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment